All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift:: Flexible Monday - Friday
Location: 601 E ROLLINS ST, Orlando, 32803
The Patient Registration Coordinator (PRC) under supervision of the Employee Clinic Onboarding Manager or the Employee Clinic Facilities Manager is responsible for registering, scheduling, retrieving and maintaining employee medical records, employee drug screens, and assisting in maintaining employee annual compliance records. The PRC actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Demonstrates through behavior Advent Health's mission of "Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ" and service standards of "Keep Me Safe", "Own It", "Make It Easy", and "Love Me".
· Obtains demographic, employment, and current medical condition information from employee.
· Verifies any existing data, updates information, and accurately registers patient into EMR.
· Prepares, processes, and scans medical records and other employee records for each employee as required by employee type for documentation.
· Maintains employee privacy and uphold patient rights through protection of PHI and accurate documentation.
· Accurately enters medical documentation into the EMR including new hire drug screening information, immunizations, mask fit data, and other medical documentation as requested.
· Work collaboratively with the employee health clinical staff and the new hire specialist teams to maintain a smooth clinic flow.
· Conducts new hire urine drug screen collection following proper chain of custody procedures in accordance with 49 CFR Part 40 (40.33) Federal DOT Chain of Custody procedures., interpretation of results, and accurate documentation in EMR.
· Prepares and processes required paperwork for Advent Health facilities and AHS Corporate Workers Compensation compliance programs and medical records requests per policy.
· Answers all inbound calls in a timely and courteous manner, schedules employee physicals, mask fits, and other requested services in the appropriate time slots on Employee Clinic scheduler.
· Ensures accurate and timely patient scheduling, canceling/rescheduling appointments as needed.
· Assists the clinical staff in the conducting of respirator fit testing for employees.
· Demonstrates the capability to communicate effectively with employees, clients, team members, and various department managers.
· Demonstrates exceptional customer service and employee experience skills.
· Performs other duties as assigned and directed by the onboarding or facilities Manager or the clerical and clinical leads, to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
· Performs collection and processes blood work according to Advent Health protocols.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking, and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
· Demonstrates exceptional customer service / patient experience skills.
· Aptitude for strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task
· Ability to work with people of various backgrounds.
· Ability to meet departmental goals and objectives.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
· Working knowledge of EMR systems.
· Phlebotomy skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Â· High school diploma or equivalency EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED: Â· Previous medical front office experience preferred. Â· General knowledge of medical terminology, coding/billing. Â· Certification in urine drug screen chain of custody
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.