Location: Seattle, Washington
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Washington.
With a track record of global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy and COVID-19 vaccines, Fred Hutch has earned a reputation as one of the world's leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures to the world's deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch we value collaboration, compassion, determination, excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. These values are grounded in and expressed through the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our mission is directly tied to the humanity, dignity and inherent value of each employee, patient, community member and supporter. Our commitment to learning across our differences and similarities make us stronger. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an anti-racist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, anti-racism and inclusion.
The Senior PeopleSoft Developer is responsible for supporting and enhancing Fred Hutch's enterprise applications to meet customer needs. The candidate will be responsible for interface development and technical documentation. This position works closely with PeopleSoft business systems analysts and requires the highest levels of customer service, communication, productivity, and professionalism. The position requires leadership skill and self-motivation, along with strong analysis and development expertise.
- Provide PeopleSoft technical services by providing input on best technical practices, delivered and custom options, risks and impacts to other processes and systems.
- Serve as development lead for PeopleSoft upgrades, updates, and fixes.
- Review functional requirements, complete technical design and development, perform detailed testing, and deliver technical specifications.
- Ensure that all work done meets customer business needs and will execute correctly and efficiently.
- Clearly and concisely communicate status of all assigned tasks to the project team, database administrators, stakeholders, and management.
- Keep up to date on job related technical issues, new trends and features, and product directions.
- Continually seek ways to automate, improve and standardize system and business processes.
- Work with Team to develop policies, standards, best practices, training, and processes.
- Actively participate in process improvement efforts and reducing customizations.
- Provide direction for reporting and, as needed, develop reports using PeopleSoft BI Publisher or SQR.
- Assess the impact of PeopleSoft image updates and provide proposals for applying them effectively.
- Understand and support project management methodology
- May require on-call support
- BA/BS in IS, CS, CIS or equivalent.
- 8+ years of PeopleSoft FSCM experience. Must have advanced PeopleSoft programming skills using various PeopleSoft provided tools such as PeopleTools, PeopleCode, Application Package, Application Engine, Integration Broker, Workflow, SQR's, BI Publisher, Work Centers, etc.
- Thorough understanding of PeopleSoft application Architecture.
- Leadership skills
- Strong understanding of the underlying table structures
- Working knowledge of systems integrations, architecture, workflows and provide details on complex system subject matters
- Ability to diagnose and resolve production issues in a timely manner
- Ability to adapt to new technology
- Advanced T-SQL knowledge
- Enjoys working in a team environment and has a proven record of positive contributions to the work of the team
- Proven track record coaching and mentoring team members
- Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous projects and balance priorities
- Available to work after hours as needed to honor production support SLAs, project commitments, and meet deadlines
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement, with exceptions only for approved medical or religious accommodations. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees must, prior to their first day of employment: Provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 ; ORInitiate the accommodations process to request a religious or medical accommodation (medical accommodations require a healthcare provider's certification).
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
The annual base salary range for this position is from $123,203 to $194,739 and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center offers employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance health, well-being, and financial security. Benefits include medical/vision, dental, flexible spending accounts, life, disability, retirement, family life support, employee assistance program, onsite health clinic, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation (12-22 days per year), paid sick leave (12-25 days per year), paid holidays (13 days per year), paid parental leave (up to 4 weeks), and partially paid sabbatical leave (up to 6 months).
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.