* Write professional, clear, concise and complete applications and systems documentation for clients, programmers, and production control.
* Test new applications, or applications that have been modified to make sure that the systems perform as designed.
* Plan training for new Finance and Business Services information systems.
* Use a large variety of programming tools/technologies to write programs in an on-line/real-time environment, within a sophisticated, integrated network environment.
* Must prioritize problems determine cause, route problem to responsible area when appropriate, or develop solutions
* Monitor Finance and business services applications via reports and user feedback to insure uninterrupted and accurate functioning of multiple information systems.
* Plan for the computerization of a given manual procedure for to replace an existing computer application with one that provides a more effective/efficient presentation of data
This position may be eligible for Flexible Work Arrangements (FWA) under the ECUFWA Policy.
Employees are required to adjust their standard work schedule to meet the requirements of their position, which includes and not limited to evening and weekend hours to perform scheduled and unscheduled workload requirements to maintain University operations.
Special Instructions To Application:
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. Candidates must also submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Full time or Part time: Full Time
Position Location (city): Greenville
Position Number: 500333
Organizational Unit Overview:
Information Technology and Computing Services (ITCS) is the central agency that supports enterprise-wide computing at East Carolina University. ITCS, through innovative information technology initiatives and service, provides opportunities for the ECU community to excel in teaching, research, and service using state-of-the-market technology and collaborative environments. ITCS is first and foremost committed to providing excellent information technology support for faculty, staff, and students. ITCS partners with campus departments, other universities, and industry to make strategic investments in information technology infrastructure that will help maintain a competitive advantage in administrative applications, faculty research, and outreach to the state and nation. We will achieve this through increasing the core functions and deploying appropriate technology throughout the university.
The EIS Administrative Systems Development and Support team is a major division of ITCS that develops, acquires, enhances, and supports administrative computer applications for the university. Programming specialists and analysts are assigned to teams in the Finance, Human Resource and Payroll, Student, or University Advancement areas. These teams support the University ERP System, Ellucian Banner, and various interfacing systems used by administrative offices across the campus
To be a national model for student success, public service and regional transformation, East Carolina University uses innovative learning strategies and delivery methods to maximize access; prepares students with the knowledge, skills and values to succeed in a global, multicultural society; develops tomorrow's leaders to serve and inspire positive change; discovers new knowledge and innovations to support a thriving future for eastern North Carolina and beyond; transforms health care, promotes wellness, and reduces health disparities; and improves qualify of life through cultural enrichment, academics, the arts, and athletics. We accomplish our mission through education, research, creative activities, and service while being good stewards of the resources entrusted to us. East Carolina University delivers on the promise of opportunity. We open doors. We improve lives. We transform the present, and we discover the future. In these ways and more, we serve our community, our state, our nation and our world as together we reach toward our greatest potential. Tomorrow starts here.