Bowdoin College seeks an in-person or remotely located Product Manager to work with the Information Technology group and various departments across campus. The Product Manager uses a foundation of technical competence to ensure that services currently delivered through Workday and Banner meet the functional needs of the College by communicating and coordinating efforts across user groups, technical staff, and vendors.
The position reports to Information Technology but works closely with functional departments, namely Human Resources, the Registrar’s Office, Finance, and Academic Affairs to address their needs and issues and find innovative solutions aligned with the technical and strategic priorities of the College.
Generally 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. This is an exempt position requiring the time commitment necessary to satisfactorily complete all job requirements.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
· Demonstrated ability to consistently provide high-level customer support and resolve technical issues for a non-technical audience
· Clear examples of aligning technical needs with business goals
· Demonstrated ability to productively assemble, engage, collaborate with and lead cross-functional teams under rigorous deadlines
· Demonstrated problem-solving and relationship building skills in a variety of situations · Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision · Ability to develop cost/benefit analysis to aid senior-level management in decision making
· Highly effective written and oral communication skills to address a wide variety of audiences · Fluency with Microsoft Office 365 applications and project management software · Some knowledge of SQL or other relational databases preferred
· Strategic thinker who works proactively and can be successful through both independent and collaborative work environments
· Two or more years of related experience in project management or technical business analysis (Project Management Institute certification preferred)
· Two or more years of direct hands-on experience (e.g., implementer, consultant, technical lead, etc.) with Workday or Ellucian Banner preferred · Experience as a manager or team lead that demonstrates the ability to direct and delegate work
· Experience with higher education culture, policies and systems
About Bowdoin College
Bowdoin is an undergraduate liberal arts college located in Brunswick, Maine. Our faculty, staff, and students are a diverse group from around the world and bring many cultures, perspectives, and interests together on one campus. At the college, we look for each individual to collaborate and contribute toward the common good. That means joining your colleagues to create friendships, engage in meaningful work, grow individually and collectively, and show support for one another. We are always looking for talented people to join our innovative and dynamic community!
Bowdoin is located in the heart of Brunswick, a vibrant and quintessential classic small New England town. Throughout the year, you will see new and familiar faces as the community comes together for fairs, farmer markets, cultural events, and a variety of outdoor activities. In addition to its idyllic location along Maine’s coastline, Brunswick is 25 miles from Portland, nationally acclaimed for its food, craft beer, historic sites, and other attractions. To learn more about why Bowdoin employees love living and working here, check out this 3-minute video: https://lnkd.in/dnWpcDf
BACK TO TOP
The Oracle Applications & Technology Users Group (OATUG) is the world largest education, networking and advocacy forum for Oracle Applications & Technology users.
firstname.lastname@example.org Oracle Applications & Technology Users Group 3525 Piedmont Rd NE Bldg 5, Ste 300 Atlanta, GA 30305-1509 USA (404) 240-0897
Copyright 2019 Oracle Applications & Technology Users Group. | All Rights Reserved. | OATUG Policies All material, files, logos, and trademarks within this site are properties of their respective organizations.